Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Candied Jalapenos

Looky there, I kept my promise.  No kid photos.  Just food.


I made this recipe for the first time two years ago, and have been making it ever since.
Jars are requested at Christmas now.
So, so, so good.
And crazy easy if you have a food processor with a slicer.
I used this recipe:
When I made them this year for Christmas, I used ten pounds of peppers.
That would have been A LOT to slice by hand.




All you do is bring the vinegar, sugar and spices to boil, throw your peppers in, cook for a few minutes, then transfer to jars.





The recipe gives canning instructions, but I just stick mine in the fridge.
We generally use ours on Mexican-style dishes, but my girlfriend had some on flat bread with cream cheese.
Mmmmmmmmm.
They're seriously so stinkin' good, they'd be good on anything.
The amount of heat depends on the peppers.  I think this last batch was hotter than the previous, which was fairly mellow.
But even the hotter version isn't insane.
Just enough kick.
Did I mention how good they are?


That's ten pounds of peppers worth.
They cook down quite a bit.



We had nachos for dinner last night and I smothered mine in them.
Ahhhhjeahhhhh.
Good stuff, kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover