Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Backyard: 6/6/16

Well, these pictures are old news from my current vantage point, but I'll throw them out there anyway.  They also turned out to be sorta a funny color.  I guess I went out with my camera too early in the morning.



I'll start with the south side of the house.
The Impatiens glandulifera are giant already.











The Scarlet Runner Beans, that I started in the bathroom, are blooming.





The Veronica is solid flowers.





Heading to the back.



The Evening Primrose is doing its thing.







More in another spot.



Impatiens balfourii.



Baby's pot, tucked into a shady spot.



Looking along the back of the house, hose and all.




More green beans.
These are Sunset Runner.



My disaster lawn.
I replaced a ton with sod.  The dog has peed right in the center of all my patches, so they're all dead now, too.
I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do.




Hydrangea 'Ayesha' on her second year.
Love, love, love.





Ripe blueberries.
I took our first harvest to the hospital for my sister.




A mystery sedum.


The back bed.
Again, terrible exposure.



I love this Hebe.





One of my favorite treasures, given to me by a neighbor friend earlier this year.


I put two different colored Black Eyed Susan Vines inside of her.



Shady pot.


The first flower on this Hydrangea.






Grandma's rose with a new flower open.



I never remember the name of this.


Another Hydrangea.
It's more pink than the photos would suggest.







A fun Campanula that I got last year.
The pictures are not doing it justice.




Over to the deck now.
















That's all, folks.
I'll see about getting out with my camera this week.
At a better time of day.  ;)




5 comments:

  1. It's all good, Mindy. Actually it's all fabulous. Everything looks amazing. My Ayesha Hydrangea is looking just like yours. I'm so excited to watch it transition throughout the summer. I'm glad you're enjoying the Impatiens glandulifera. Did you pull up a bazillion seedlings, like I did? I was kind of ruthless this year, not wanting them to smother all the other plants in the garden. Your lawn, your doggie... I understand. I had that problem and I didn't even have a dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderland. There is so much to see and explore in your garden. I can't imagine ever wanting to go anywhere.
    Hope all is well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you just give up on the grass and cover the dog-peed sod with a layer of wood chips instead?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the blue of the Veronica! I am swooningL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like ayesha. That is a nice hydrangea.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover