Thursday, January 14, 2016

Meal Plan #2 2016

The number in the post title is in no way a commitment, nor a promise, to continue sharing them on a regular basis.  I just happened to have another one done, so figured I'd throw it out there.  "Series" are not my strong suit.  I have a hard time following through.  Anyone remember Fun Food Friday and Word Up Wednesday?

We're celebrating The Kid's birthday this weekend, so since I'll be running to the grocery store for party food ingredients, I figured I had better sit down and get a menu together so I could kill two birds with one stone.  Again, I based the dinners on things we already have on hand, and again, I'll throw in some notes of what I'm using like I did last time.  Links to recipes are green.  I know, I'm switchin' the color up.  ;o)


Quick Broccoli Pasta and Garlic Bread
(Broccoli in the fridge, noodles in the pantry, bread in the freezer.  This is so easy and so delicious.  I like to add a squeeze of fresh lemon to my plate, too.)



Spaghetti and Meatballs, Green Salad, and Garlic Bread
(Noodles are in the pantry, I have a big bag of Costco meatballs in the freezer that a friend passed down to me, salad ingredients are in the fridge from a quick birthday present trip to Walmart yesterday, bread is in the freezer.)

Pot Sticker Lettuce Wraps and Steamed Rice
(I've been craving these, so I'm basically buying all the ingredients except the lettuce, orange, rice, and pantry items.  Now that I look at the ingredients again, all I really have to buy is the ground pork, green onions, water chestnuts, and hoisin.)


(This is still one of my favorite all-time recipes.  I've made it more times than I can count.  I used to only make it with pork chops, but after trying it with chicken last time, I'm goin' for round two.  Chicken thighs are in the freezer, homemade apple butter in the fridge, pepper bacon end pieces in the freezer, taters in the pantry.  I can't wait to eat this.)


Enchilada Pie and Green Salad
(I was gonna do enchiladas, but then remembered the lazy way.  I have two cooked chicken thighs in the freezer, a jar of homemade enchilada sauce in the freezer, tortillas, refried beans, green chilies, and cheese on hand.  Salad fixin's in the fridge.)


Burgers and Fries
(Sometimes a burger sounds so dang good.  I have a ton of slider buns in the freezer, so figured I'd use some up.  I have to buy ground beef and a slicing tomato, but everything else is easy.  And generally I do homemade oven "fries", but I'm buyin' the frozen ones this time around.  Ahhh jeeeaaaahhhhh.)

And there ya go.  
Another six days worth of dinners.
Let me know if ya try any!




4 comments:

  1. Seriously, you rock!!
    I love your menu. You gave me a few ideas, too. Yay!
    I hoped that your birthday weekend festivities are fun! Happy Birthday to 'The Kid 😊!
    Looking forward to seeing your birthday post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for some dinner ideas! I have never made an enchilada casserole. I wonder if my family would like it. Looking forward to seeing your birthday bash photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover