Tuesday, January 12, 2016

DIY Apron For Boys

The older the boys get, the harder it is to come up with a homemade gift for them.  I had the idea for my niece's night light dialed in by the end of November, but was having a heck of a time coming up with something for my nephew.  He had a cookbook on his Christmas wish list, which I had already ordered, and after talking to my sister about it one day, she mentioned he'd like to have his own apron.  Done and done.


I went into my stash again, and ended up using leftover fabric from the shield pillow I made him last year, as well as a piece I bought years ago 'cause I thought it was cute, that I used for one of the pockets.

I've made aprons before, but I wanted to try a reversible one, so I looked at a couple tutorials online.  I wanted to add a pocket to both sides, so I did what I usually do when I decide to sew something, fake it till ya make it.

Here's how it turned out:








I wrapped it up with his cookbook, with a note inside telling him I expected an invite to dinner.  :o)

Here are the links to the other girly apron gifts I've made:








Happy sewing.




6 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I am a beginning sewer and just figuring out how to make stuff. I'll bet he loved his gift. So thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nephew's apron is a great Christmas gift and the hello kitty apron is adorable. I envy your sewing skills. I have my mom's old sewing machine and I really need to take some time and learn how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to learn to sew again for so many years, but I just never sit down and try to teach myself. Every time I see one of your sewing projects, it really inspires me! Love that you sew Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wanted to learn to sew again for so many years, but I just never sit down and try to teach myself. Every time I see one of your sewing projects, it really inspires me! Love that you sew Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift idea!
    I've made aprons for my girls in the past, but never thought of making one for my little guy. I think he'd love it! They're quite simple to see. Yours are super cute!!
    Thanks for the inspiration, friend!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift idea!
    I've made aprons for my girls in the past, but never thought of making one for my little guy. I think he'd love it! They're quite simple to see. Yours are super cute!!
    Thanks for the inspiration, friend!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover