Monday, September 14, 2015

Klamath Falls 2015: The Calf

The Dad grew up in Klamath Falls, Oregon.  Small town, USA. I had been there with him once, when The Kid was just a wee thing, for a funeral, and it was basically in and out.  After a big Northrop family reunion last month in our neck of the woods, we decided to make the trek from Portland and spend five days down there. We got home last Tuesday.  Probably one of the best times of my life.  His aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, and all the little rugrats, are seriously the most amazing people.  I just love them all to pieces. I laughed harder than I've laughed in years.  The kids had an amazing time, and it's something they'll remember forever.  It's a trip I'll remember forever.  We've committed to gathering annually, at the very least.

Plans changed on our way down, and we ended up staying at his cousin's daughter's house (she's grown with her own family), and they rocked the last minute hospitality gig.  Seriously.  They hosted get-together's with the family, cooked meals for us, got a babysitter for all the kids and took us out one night...they were awesome.

Our first day there, we headed up to his other cousin's ranch, about 20 minutes away.  It was an animal lover's dream.  You guys.  Baby.  Cow.  I got yelled at the whole time for calling him that.  "It's a CALF."  It's the cutest damn baby cow you ever did see.  PBB is his name. Pure Bred Bull.  He belongs to their nine-year old daughter and he clearly doesn't realize he's not a dog. When we pulled up for the first time, this is what greeted us in the driveway.




So stinkin' cute.
And sweet!


Look at that face!





True love.








Drinkin' milk.








Baby got to sit on him.








He would suck on your fingers, and pull your whole hand in, if you let him.




I think I'll stop there today.
I have so many pictures from our visit, so I'll break them up into a few posts.
Lots more animals to come!


5 comments:

  1. A girlfriend of mine raised baby cows (calves, lol) and I remember that,...I held out my hand and thought I was going to lose it, lol. So glad you all had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you that you got to get away, enjoy the country living, the animals and had lots of great memories with family. Oh....no...I didn't want you to stop there, keep them coming, I want to know what else you did and see lots of pictures! Did you bring home a souvenir? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you that you got to get away, enjoy the country living, the animals and had lots of great memories with family. Oh....no...I didn't want you to stop there, keep them coming, I want to know what else you did and see lots of pictures! Did you bring home a souvenir? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a little girl, we would spend summers on a farm in Canada. Saw lots of baby cows then, and yes, they would suck your entire hand/arm if you let them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baby cow is so so cute. We have a new friend who raises cows and when we visited, he had three calves that were adorable. I think you guys would enjoy living the small town life. I know I do!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover