Thursday, March 6, 2014

The First Week Of March In The Garden

I think spring has officially sprung here in the Pacific Northwest. Don't be too jealous.  It will rain now, every single day, until the fourth of July.

I headed out to the front yard with my camera this time.

More of the cute little narcissus are comin' on full force.







The marsh marigolds are comin' up in every free spot of dirt they can find.



More primroses for the slugs to eat.


The daphne is in full bloom.
It's right by our front steps and the smell will 'bout knock ya over when you walk out the door.









The heather is in full bloom now, as well.



I spy the first lungwort flower.


A crazy sweet pea that reseeded.


And last, another hellebore that started as a baby at my mom's house.








As of today, my forsythia is about ready to explode and my rhubarb is peeking up out of the dirt.
Pictures to come!  :)



Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.



4 comments:

  1. You have so many pretty flowers, Mindy! I have some of the same in bloom as well, and I am always tempted by daphne, but I am running out of room for shrubs--I can experiment much easier with smaller perennials--my garden is getting pretty crammed full. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's getting tougher when I go nuts at a spring plant sale and then have to actually find places to plant everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine all that green and growing stuff this time of year. We still have about a 3 foot base of snow over everything. Wow- Gorgeous!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might need to give me some advice on photographing daffodils. Your photos turned out great! I wanted to plant a couple of Daphne plants but the poison warning freaked me out a bit. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Spring has sprung where you are! I hope you'll share this over at The Maple Hill Hop!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover