Thursday, October 3, 2013

The End Of September In The Garden

The garden posts are waning, as is the garden, but I do have a few photos from the end of September.


My mom started these cute little sunflowers from seed.





I love all the different basil varieties available now.
Here's a purple, a variegated, and a Thai, that's both purple and green.
In the background is a lantana and lemongrass.


The climbing rose out front is bloomin' again.



And this dahlia is one of my favorites.
When the rain slows down, I'll run out take some pictures of what it looks like in full bloom.
It's pretty awesome.
It's called Curly Q.
It's kinda hard to tell in these pictures, but it's a true pink.





That's it for this time.
I'm not even a little bit motivated to decorate for fall, with the unorganized messes in every corner of the house, but I think I'll bring in some pretty leaves for the mantel today.
Maybe it will pull me out of my, this-house-is-a-disaster, funk.
The counter guys come first thing tomorrow morning to measure.
Ya think I can sweet talk them into putting a rush on the install?  :)


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


6 comments:

  1. Just keep thinking how nice it'll be to cook Thanksgiving in your new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet talking is in order!!!! Your sunflowers are awesome! And I need to remember the basil varieties for next year! As always your blooms are stunning! YOUR so so so close!!!!!! Keep trucking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to plant the same sunflowers - they are so pretty. I hope I can have a lot more basil next year. I put it on my grilled cheeseburgers this year and it was so good. Can't wait to see more of your dahlia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos. Your sunflowers are just delightful. Your garden is looking great. Thanks for sharing the Fall pictures.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susan. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. I feel the same way about my deck-turned-patio renovation. Finally this weekend, my hubby and son got the permanent posts installed so I can start putting my garden "junque" away. It's a challenge to get things organized when you're waiting on projects to get finished. Soon... for both of us. Great garden photos. This past weekend was so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover