Sunday, August 11, 2013

Roasted Summer Veggies With Basil & Goat Cheese

My parents brought us back a bucket of Puget Sound clams and some oysters again.  The usual joint meal with my sister's family was the next day.


We steamed the clams in onions, garlic, and white wine, then squeezed on some fresh lemon and sprinkled everyone with fresh basil.  The carb of the evening was pasta smothered in olive oil, butter, garlic, and more basil.  My grandma's recipe for cucumber chips sat alongside, as well as some yummy bread.

And then there was (were?) the veggies.  Mmmmmm.  Chard and eggplant from the yard.  Zucchini from The Kid's school garden.  Whole garlic cloves and a bell pepper from the store.



Cut everyone up into similar sized pieces.  Drizzle on some olive oil and then season them up with Kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.  Roast at 400 for about 30 minutes, or until everyone is tender, stirring twice.

Once all the veggies are done and ready to eat, dollop on some goat cheese and throw on a ton of chopped fresh basil.  Prepare for your eyes to roll back into your head.

I don't eat the shellfish, so I mixed all the veggies in with my pasta.  Delicious.



Here are some obnoxious photos from the rest of the meal, sure to make you hungry again:









I think the kids out-eat the adults in the oyster department these days.














Even Baby gets in on the action now.
She had a constant mouthful of oyster meat.





And, as always, dinner on my plate:







I love food.



Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


3 comments:

  1. I love food too! And boy do you guys do it right girl!!! Seriously!!! And oh my is your family so sweet!!! I love those shots of the kiddos!!! So wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love The Girl braiding her cousin's hair. Super cute. Your pasta looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover