Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Hydrangeas

Okay, so I'm gonna go ahead and say that hydrangeas are probably one of the prettiest flowers in the world.  I know, every season I have something, or twelve things, that I say that about.  But look at them!


I had a housewarming party the summer of 2002.
My sister put my BIL in charge of stopping and getting a bouquet.
He heard "flowers" and assumed plant, which, in his defense, makes sense, considering the recipient.
That was a lot of commas.
Anyway, he bought me a hydrangea at the grocery store.
You know the ones.
It's been in the same spot since that summer.
I think it's probably one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.
There's one in a wall vase over my computer right now.










This next one is the one my neighbor handed down to me last year.
I've posted pictures of it already this year, but I couldn't help it.
I had to take more.










And then there's the lacecap.
There were two hydrangeas in the yard when I moved in.
One was donated to my sister when we put the addition on and had to move it.
The other is planted in a 1-by-2 cut out, up against the house, in the driveway.
I have no idea how it has survived in its confines all these years.









Did you notice my visitor?

The last one is called Limelight.
I bought it for myself probably 9 or 10 years ago and had it planted in a pot.
Several years ago, I finally committed to a spot and stuck it in the ground.
It's solid flowers right now and I love it.















I'm thinkin' hydrangeas are pretty much the perfect plant.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.




8 comments:

  1. I'm thinking you are soooo right! Your photos of your hydrangeas took my breath away! Gorgeous friend! They are absolutely spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are gorgeous! Love these blooms, but can't grow them here. Hopefully, they will agree with our future climate! Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I love hydrangeas too. Though I prefer last year's when mine were nicer than yours, ha ha. (actually I don't even think that's true, but I'm sticking with it). Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all beautiful but the purple hydrangea with the white outlines is stunning. It has such a vintage quality

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blues are amazing! I've read about Limelight, and now you have given my hydrangea lust to go out and get one, too! Don't know where I'd put it, though:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photos of your hydrangeas, they're my favourite shrub.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having hydrangea envy after scrolling though your lovely images. If only hydrangeas could thrive here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think a garden can have too many hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover