Thursday, July 11, 2013

Random Thoughts & Tidbits: Part 13

It's time to purge my spiral.
 


  • We were watching America's Funniest Home Videos and it showed a little boy being busted for coloring all over the walls.  The Kid proceeds to say, "Well that's just a stupid parent."
  • With continuously warm days, our uninsulated house is starting to hold the heat.  I'm getting tired of flipping my pillow in the middle of the night, looking for relief.  I need a Chillow.
  • What ever happened to paisley?
  • We officially own all new appliances.  They're being delivered August 1st.  Let's toast to the kitchen being ready to receive them, shall we?
  • The Girl at dinner one night:  "Pupils are like nipples.  For your eyes."  Um, okay.
  • Why is a programmable thermostat the rage right now?  How does it save you all this money they claim?  Why can't you just turn it down when you go to bed or leave the house like normal people?
  • On the rare occasion that we go out to dinner, I pick a restaurant based on whether or not they have a cheese platter.
  • It is officially the season of walking through the yard with my hands flapping in front of me.  Too many spider webs in the face will do that to a person.  I always wonder what the neighbors think.
  • The Kid:  "Instead of buying a new fridge, you should just go on Let's Make A Deal and win one.  Yes, that's a greaaat idea.
  • I'm already over paper plates.  Just FYI, I'm accepting all dinner invitations this month.
  •  I need a treat.
  • More dinner table conversation:  I used the analogy of a straw, a smoothie, and strawberry chunks, to explain clogged arteries to the inquiring Kid.  I'm pretty sure they don't cover that in Parenting 101.
  • The Girl has been all about Daddy since fresh outta the hatch.  She's always preferred him and that's just the way it is. The Kid was talking to her about something the other day and said, You love Dad more than Mom.  I was sitting there and said, Yeah, I know, it's okay.  She looked over at me and said, I still like you a lot.  Thanks honey.
  • I think I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that Baby will never be a napper.  That doesn't mean I'm happy about it.
  • I think every day at 2:00 I should have a Champagne cocktail.  Mmmm, bubbles.

10 comments:

  1. I don't know where to start,...pupils maybe, lol. And The Kid,..yes, hon, that IS bad parenting, ha ha ha Congrats on the appliances,..yay,...what a relief and can't wait to see them. Oh, love the clogged arteries example. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked the same thing when we got a programmable thermostat, why can't I just turn the heat down at night? The tech rolled his eyes at me! Heck go on The Price is Right, maybe you could win a car and a fridge! lol..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! I think the artery one is very inventive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll toast you at 2:00 tomorrow with my Champagne cocktail... sounds like a really great idea! And I could have totally used it today. Long day with a four year old plus some major PMS! Let's just say I was in tears by the time hubby came home from work. Tomorrow will be a better day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! We call it "the spider walk" when we go out flapping our arms all about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! So many gems! I love that you are writing this stuff down. Great family history...Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Defs the champagne cocktail and as we are ahead of you here I will toast you in about an hour and a half, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the new appliances!!! I can't wait to see!!

    I opened the freezer the other day to find, not one, but three stuffed animals. I asked my son what was going on and he said, "it's my new invention - the chillow pet." You could be his first customer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh, R.....you are sooo cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are simply my favorite posts ever. You and I would get in some serious trouble if we lived near each other...

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover