Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Caprese BLT's

Yes, I'm on a Caprese kick.  How can you not be?  Tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil are a match made in heaven.  Add bacon and I'm tappin' out.  You win.  My strength is no match for bacon.


I don't think I need to give you a recipe.  It's a BLT:  bacon, lettuce and tomato, on yummy bread.  We used sourdough 'cause I had it.  I skipped the mayo and used olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the bread instead.  Then layered on fresh mozzarella, amazing heirloom tomatoes from the farmer's market, basil, and micro greens.




And then.....bacon.









Did I mention bacon?
You could totally eat this without the bacon.
I do quite often actually.
But.....bacon.

Dinner on my plate:








Oh my gosh, that was so dang good.



Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


7 comments:

  1. These look insane!!! Goodness!!! I want them on my plate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, here it is late at night and I am feeling like Dagwood Bumstead. LOL That looks WAY too good! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh those look amazing! We love caprese salad and I love BLT's, what a great combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm - that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!!! I know what I want for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to add olive oil & vinegar next time we do BLTs. My hubs would love that! Tomato season rocks - I love bacon but the beefsteak tomatoes really make those sammies great!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover