Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cymbidium Orchid

Ack - I've been without internet for TWO days.  Two days, people.  I didn't know how to act.  Anywhoooo, I'm back up and running, so now we can get back to our regularly scheduled programming.......


My neighbor bought his wife an orchid plant last spring.  She's extremely sensitive to any sort of smells, and apparently when it was in full bloom, it was givin' off a come-hither aroma for the pollinators that her nose picked up on.  He hauled it over and asked if I wanted it.  Who am I to turn down a plant?  The sucker was huge, so when it was done blooming I put it out on the patio for the summer.  Then last fall, I brought it in and put it by the french doors in our bedroom.  Well looky what happened:

Cymbidium Orchid

How awesome is that?!  I've had a lot of orchids in my life and not once have I ever had one rebloom for me.  This thing has two full stems.  Pretty darn cool, if you ask me.

The plant itself ain't all that attractive to look at.  It's pretty wiley.  But it makes up for its lack of beauty in flowers.  I took lots of pictures to document my feat. 

Cymbidium Orchid In Bloom

Cymbidium Orchid In Bloom

Cymbidium Orchid In Bloom

Cymbidium Orchid In Bloom

Cymbidium Orchid In Bloom

Cymbidium Orchid In Bloom

Cymbidium Orchid In Bloom

Cymbidium Orchid In Bloom

Cymbidium Orchid In Bloom

Cymbidium Orchid In Bloom

So cool!

Check out my sidebar for the parties I link up to.



7 comments:

  1. No joke! Those blooms are insane! And what happened to your internet?? Between that and your camera you are getting blasted! Hope it is all good to go now!!! Really beautiful blooms...makes me want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blooms are beautiful!! We ran into an orchid expert the other day in Dallas and she told us to use liquid worm scat as a fertilizer when it is not blooming and to cut below the first bloom. Hopefully we will get a re-bloom like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did we ever survive before the internet..seriously? We even went to college without it! My nephews ca NOT wrap their heads around that fact. Your orchid rocks! I admire them from afar- they look to scary to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool is right! This is a dainty beauty. Your neighbor's loss is your gain. Glad your Internet is back. No one deserves that kind of torture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just beautiful, Mindy. I don't think I have ever seen one like it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous orchid bloom! I was given a pretty orchid as a gift one time, and I managed to kill it eventually. Think it didn't have enough light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how fabulous that you got it to rebloom. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover