Friday, March 15, 2013

Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches + Our Latest Meal Plan


I officially declare this the easiest crock pot dinner known to man.  Seriously.  It's three ingredients.




This recipe came in an insert with the Rachel Ray magazine.  The Dad ooohed and ahhed over the picture, which I took as a not-so-nonchalant hint.  Since we're still on the, use-what-you-have, meal planning around here, I dug through the freezer and found a pork shoulder roast.  Done.

For the sake of being completely meal-plan honest, I did have to walk to the ghetto Safeway for buns.  Because they're closing their doors in two weeks, I bought the last package on the shelf.  These sammies were meant to be.

Here's the recipe:

Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

2 lb pork roast
1 12 oz can root beer
1 18 oz bottle BBQ sauce
Buns

Directions:

Put the pork roast in your slow cooker with the root beer.  Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

Drain well and shred meat.  Stir in BBQ sauce.  Serve on buns.

I made some coleslaw to put on ours and I also added some sliced white cheddar.  'Cause what isn't better with cheese?!

We had chips and fruit to go with.

Here's dinner on my plate:








I still planned our meals around what we have in the house, but on our trek to the store, I also bought yogurt, sour cream, red potatoes, some clearance jams, a head of cabbage, and one of those packaged, ready-to-cook, corned beef brisket deals.   I know, meat in a bag, who am I?!

Here's the latest menu:

  • Corned Beef Brisket with Cabbage, Potatoes, & Carrots and Bread
  • Tomato & Feta Bow Tie Pasta and Artichokes
  • BBQ Pulled Pork Sammies, Fruit, and Chips
  • Tex-Mex Burgers and Oven Fries
  • BBQ Pork Taquitos and Salad
  • Guinness Beef Stew and Salad
  • Tuna Melts and Chips (rollover from the last menu)
  • Blood Orange & Rosemary Roasted Chicken With White Wine Pan Gravy, Pesto Farfalle, Caesar Salad and Breadsticks
Not bad for usin' what we've got.  Of course, I am a bit of food hoarder.

On a side note, yes, I'm aware of the annoying red warning on my posts.  Google ain't helpin' me out in the search department.  I've found a couple things that suggest it's a Facebook plugin problem, so I took all the FB share buttons off and it's still there.  If anyone knows what the heck is going on and how to fix it, I'm all ears.


4 comments:

  1. Pinning this!!!!!!! My hub has been bugging me to make these and now I have a recipe!!! Thanks friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, yum, yum! I've made pulled pork in the crock before but never with a root beer. Bet it's delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like another winner menu! I'm heading to Austin to see brand new granddaughter but I know I'll be fixing some of this when I get back. Tonight I have some asparagus and sugar snap peas I need to use up so I think it will be stir fry for us.

    Being we're in Memphis -- a barbecue sandwich ALWAYS is served with slaw on it - yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not getting the red warning when I open your blog at all. That is one of our favorite recipes! I just made it the other night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover