Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fruit-Filled French Toast Wraps + Our Latest Meal Plan


I reaaaalllly wish these pictures would have turned out better 'cause these were so dang good.  Guess I'll just have to sell 'em to ya with my mad writing skills.  (Insert groans here.)




My mom emailed me the recipe last week and I made them on Sunday.  They'll definitely be goin' into our weekend breakfast rotation.
 

Here's the recipe with my notes:












I doubled the batch for the five of us.

I didn't have whole wheat tortillas, but I did have Trader Joe's whole wheat lavash bread, which is basically a rectangle tortilla.  They're big, so I cut them in half before dipping and cooking.

I eyeballed the amount of yogurt and granola, and for fruit I used strawberries and mango.

You guys, these were SO good.


Here they are coming together at my house:




And on my plate:






They were sturdy enough that we could pick them up and eat them like a burrito.
A crispy, cinnamon-y, vanilla-y, fruity, crunchy, delicious burrito.
The powdered sugar made them, so don't skip it.
Did I mention they were good?

Here's what we'll be eating for dinner, if you'd like to make reservations:


5 comments:

  1. These look super delicious!! I love anything with fruit, cinnamon, and powdered sugar. Also, thanks for linking to my pancakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound really good, but I couldn't see the recipe. Somehow those pictures don't load on my computer, so I'll come back later for the recipe.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo those look delish! Happy Valentine's Day, Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look yummy , as usual. And now I'm craving lentil soup. I couldn't see the recipe part either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look wonderful but the recipe doesn't show up and it won't open in a new window either- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover