Monday, January 21, 2013

Roasted Cauliflower In Lemon-Tahini Sauce, aka, The Best Cauliflower I've Ever Eaten


I'm a cauliflower fan.  I especially love it roasted.  Or mashed like this.  That being said, this is probably the best cauliflower I've ever eaten in my life.  Seriously.


I followed the recipe exactly and used a combo of white and purple cauliflower.  Just for fun.  You can get the recipe here.


Here it is coming together at my house:







My original menu plan was to have shrimp with it, but I forgot to buy the shrimp.
So we had flank steak instead.
And steamed rice.
For the meat-free folk, this would be a delicious meal over brown or wild rice without the meat.

Here's dinner on my plate:







Full disclosure:  The kids did not like the cauliflower at all.
Although, it's not typically one of their favorites anyway, unless it's raw.
So because of that, The Dad and I proceeded to kill about two pounds of it, all to ourselves.
So good.


5 comments:

  1. LOL- Loved the disclaimer at the end. Do you know my kids used to LOVE raw cauliflower dipped in JAM? Seriously-it is crunchy and sweet and you can't taste the cauliflower at all. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it when you posted it on your menu and I agree -- the best cauliflower I have ever had! Both my husband and my 15 year old loved it, too. It was sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my hero! ;) this looks sooooo good!!!! I also made a cauliflour thing a am bober today and I ate the whole damn head of chopped up baked cauliflour to myself--yikes! Ha! I will be trying this ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely give this recipe a try the next time I get cauliflower--I usually have all the other ingredients on hand, and it looks really good, Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm,...cauliflower. Definitely trying this.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover