Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Random Thoughts and Tidbits: Part 3


Sat down and was feelin' round three.

  • My feet are jacked.
  • My daughter told me twice yesterday that she loves Dad more.  With conviction.
  • Why is there a light in the dryer, but not the washer?
  • I tried the jeans hemming tutorial that's all over Pinterest and it worked.
  • I'm an over-eater.
  • I eat until I'm way past full. 
  • I love food and the last bite is as good as the first bite.
  • I gauge my fullness on whether or not I could still eat a quesadilla.
  • For dinner we had beef ribs, crockpot gratin potatoes (after clearing the table I stood at the crockpot with a fork and proceeded to eat at least another helping), and corn.
  • I could still put away a quesadilla.
  • My son is a genius.  Yes, I'll admit I'm a wee bit biased.  But I'm still pretty sure he's a genius.
  • After having a conversation about the politics of public school cafeteria food at the dinner table a couple weeks ago, where the word government was used several times, he asked what government meant.  I did my best to explain it and because he knows who Obama is, I used him as an example, explaining that he is the boss of the United States.  He looked me straight in the eyes and said, I think God is the boss.
  • My son is a genius.
  • Both The Kid and The Girl are LOVING these stories right now.
  • The Girl says friggin' all the friggin' time.  I have no idea where she gets it.
  • I seriously need to get on the Princess Party bandwagon or I'm gonna be the worst mom ever come the end of October.
  • Mmmmm, quesadillas.
  • How can I find out why in the heck this post is all of a sudden getting a ton of traffic?  I'm confused.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha you are awesome! My feet are also jacked..and Max says "Daddy come home..Mommy go to work."...all the TIME WTF is that all about?

    Yep I just laughed out loud and woke up Ronin. Best post of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious. Is there no light in the washer because of the water? Just a thought. Carter does sound like a genius and I am not at all bias. (or biased? or whatever it is I'm not). I was doing that overeating thing, standing at the crockpot eating potatoes out of it sounds like great fun, but then I hit 150 (I'm short) and had to stop. Now I drink more wine. It's something. Thanks for mentioning the stories - glad they're enjoying them. Miss Emma will get her glory in the next one. he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post! You are so lucky you can eat and not gain weight--I look at food and gain 3 pounds! Of course, that comes from being female, middle-aged and short--on me 7 pounds is 1 whole pants size, so I don't have much wiggle room, but I often cheat :) Glad you liked the moussaka recipe--it's supposed to go down into the 30s on Monday night, so I may be bringing all mine in, and the tomatoes. I hate to--I want the good weather to keep on going!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover