Monday, October 15, 2012

Caprese Zucchini


Put the word caprese in front of anything and it's pretty much a guarantee I'm gonna like it.  So when I saw Caprese Zucchini poppin' up all over Pinterest, I knew I had to make it.  I pinned this one, but there are several versions out there.



I didn't have a whole zucchini, but I had part of one and part of a yellow squash, so that's what I used.

I cut them in half lengthwise, scooped out the seeds, drizzled on some olive oil, and then seasoned them up with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.




I baked them at 350 for 30 minutes, then layered on all the goodies.

Cheese first.




Then tomato and grated parmesan.



Then I stuck them back in the oven for about 7 minutes before turning on the broiler.
I broiled them just long enough to brown up the tops.

Here they are, sprinkled with fresh basil, hot, and ready to eat:




Seriously all kinds of good.
The Dad liked the yellow squash best and I preferred the zucchini.

We had  penne pasta with pesto and bread to go with.

Here's dinner on my plate:








You can tell by the photos that it's dark when we're eating dinner again.
Oh whoa is me and my poor point and shoot.
Nevertheless, this dinner was delicious.


7 comments:

  1. I have been allll about caprese salads lately - must try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are forcing me to come up with more creative ways to say,...oh yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great!! Will definitely be trying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some serious yummilicious looking dinner. I have some zuch at home I have been needing to do something with. Maybe I will try this. Thanks for sharing. BTW I have a point and shoot too and it really stinks but I think your photos look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! I will be making this soon. We are low carbing right now and this would be perfect to break the monotony!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mindy, what a great idea!!! I love caprese salads but it always seems like something green is missing...the zucchini is a perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks so good, Mindy--we'll have to give this a try soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover