Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Grilled Ravioli with Garden Veggies


Oh man.  If you've never tried this, you should.  Grilled ravioli?!  Yes, please.

I saw the idea online somewhere, but they had put each noodle individually on the grill.  Seriously, who wants to stand there and flip noodles?  Not I.  So I threw 'em in my grill basket with everything else.  You could use a zillion different combos of toppings.  Or just one.

This is what I used:

Zucchini, chopped
Yellow squash, chopped
Red onion, chopped
Fresh garlic cloves, smashed
Roasted Garlic
Eggplant, chopped
Sliced lemon
Bell pepper, chopped
Basil, oregano and rosemary sprigs

This is what I did:

Chop the things that need to be chopped and throw everybody into a bowl.
Drizzle on some olive oil, red wine vinegar and season up with salt and pepper.
Throw a lid on it and stick it in the fridge until you're ready to grill.
Could be 15 minutes, could be all day.
Mine went several hours.








When you're ready to make dinner, throw all your veggies into a grill basket.
I added some cherry tomatoes that I had forgotten about at this point.


When your veggies are about 5 to 7 minutes out, throw your ravioli in.
I had two packages.



Once your ravioli are done, dump everything into a bowl and drizzle on some more olive oil.
Doctor up your plate with some fresh basil and grated Parm and it's time to eat.
We had ours with bread.

Here's dinner on my plate:





Now that's some good stuff, kids.


4 comments:

  1. I never would have thought to grill pasta--this looks so amazingly good! I love grilled veggis, so will have to give this a try. Nice to hear from you today--glad you liked the pear beignet recipe--they are super good. If you like deep-fried fritters, then you would probably like these as well. As Shakespeare might say, I love them none too wisely but too well, as my weight of late will attest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, I am super interested in trying this. What's not to love? Your version looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks wonderful - another reason why we must buy a grill - ours had an unfortunate demise about a year ago and we've never replaced it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so yummy!
    Stopping by from Seven Alive. Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can ;)
    Julie @ Naptime Review
    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover