Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

"One night a father overheard his son pray:
Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is.
Later that night, the Father prayed,
Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be."  -- Anonymous

I saw that this morning on BJ's blog, Sweet Nothings, and thought it was perfect and so sweet. 

Our original Father's Day plans had to be rescheduled, so the boys will be cashing in on their "Daddy Day" at a later date.  But we did manage to squeeze in an early brunch with my sister's family here at the house.

We had champagne cocktails, fruit, blueberry compote over goat cheese, croissants, salami, three different cheeses and chorizo empanadas.  

Here's our Father's Day feast:




















They left before noon and we headed over to the garden at The Kid's school.  I volunteered to adopt one of the beds over the summer, so I spent some time weeding and planting a few things while the kids rode their bikes and played ball with The Dad. 

We headed home about 3:00 and I cleaned up the kitchen while the kids played out front with The Dad.  For dinner, we finished up what was left from brunch with the addition of some artichokes.

Now, the kids are in bed, Baby's in bed, and The Dad is in bed.  Guess The Mom should close up shop too.

Happy Father's day to all the dads out there.  And especially to the dad we're lucky enough to claim.  We love you, Chachi.  One day, the kids will be old enough to appreciate just how fortunate they are to call you Dad.




4 comments:

  1. You know, I have never had an empanada but every time I see one, I put it on my mental checklist to remember to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! the brunch looks amazing! I have to try the champagne cocktails...how easy and delicious! And your garden is lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum, yum, yummmmm. beautiful tribute to the Dad too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover