Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pecan-Crusted Sliders

This is another recipe that's been in rotation at our house for several years.  I feel like I've been going non-stop, and putting together a dinner at the end of the day has sounded like cruel and unusual punishment.  This is one that comes together super quick - especially on nights when the last thing you want to do is cook.

Here's the recipe with my notes:

Pecan-Crusted Sliders 

12 oz pork tenderloin, sliced crosswise into 8 pieces
1 egg
2 Tbsp honey, divided
1 C finely chopped pecans
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 small green apple (I used a Granny Smith)
1 1/2 C shredded broccoli (I used a bag of broccoli slaw)
1/4 C mayo
8 small buns or dinner rolls, split (I used some oblong rolls I had in the freezer)
Dijon-style mustard, optional (I used a sweet-hot mustard on mine)

With palm of hand, flatten pork slices to 1/4 inch thickness.  

In shallow dish, whisk together egg and 1 Tbsp of the honey.


In another shallow bowl combine chopped nuts, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
 I don't know about you, but finely chopping a cup of nuts isn't high on my fun list. 
Unless I want big pieces for a salad or something, this is how I do it.



Dip pork in egg mixture then nut mixture, pressing to coat.



In 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.  
Cook pork in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden and slightly pink in centers.


Meanwhile for slaw, quarter apple, remove core and seeds; thinly slice. 
In bowl combine apple, shredded broccoli, mayo, and 1 Tbsp of honey.
Season with salt and pepper.




For sliders, place pork on buns or rolls; top with slaw.
Pass mustard.

The plan was to make oven fries, but I decided a bag of chips sounded like waaay less work.

Here's dinner on my plate:






3 comments:

  1. Now you're speaking my language..."the last thing you want to do is cook", lol. That looks good but still too much work for me :) I hope your 'shared room' operation is going good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...that looks like a definite "must try"! Yum.

    evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something about the name sliders makes me gag (thoughts of White Castle perhaps?) but these look great. I'm going to change the name and totally enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover