Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lid Art

I'm pretty convinced at this point that we will not be partaking in any kind of summer weather.  It rained all night and today it's wet, cloudy and cold.  I decided we needed an art project.

I've been saving lids from random drink containers.  I have no idea why.  I guess I just figured we could use them for something.  So that's what we did.

I got out the scrapbook paper that I have a bottomless supply of, the lids and some glue.

I did all the cutting, the kids did the gluing.

Here's today's, "we're stuck inside and need something to keep Mom sane", art project:








Okay, so maybe we won't be gettin' into the Smithsonian anytime soon, but they're definitely fridge worthy.



8 comments:

  1. Ooh mom. You can cut out some mean petals. Lol. Very pretty. You could actually frame those for the right spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Maybe I should start collecting lids too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are adorable! id for sure throw these in a shadow box! what a good way to recycle! your kid art is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thats so cute! i really love that i idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cuuute project. Such a fun Mom you are ;) It has been a millllion degrees here! I wish we had a little rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute--amazing how many things you can do with little lids!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover