Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blue Cheese-Horseradish Dip

This is another one of the snacks I took with us this last weekend.  It came out of a magazine, but I'm not sure which one.  Most likely Better Homes.  The only things I changed were substituting the blue cheese with gorgonzola and I omitted the red onion for The Dad's sake.

Here's the recipe:

4 oz wedge blue cheese
4 oz sour cream
1/4 C whipping cream
1/4 of a medium red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 to 1 tsp prepared horseradish
Additional chopped red onion
Vegetable dippers - I had carrots and pita chips for dunkin'.  I think my mom was eating it with a spoon.  :o)

In a medium bowl, crumble about three-quarters of the blue cheese. 
Add sour cream, whipping cream, red onion, garlic, and horseradish.  



 Use immersion blender to blend cheese mixture until almost smooth.  
(a food processor would work just fine)



Place in a serving bowl and top with remaining blue cheese and red onion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover