Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hawaiian Chicken & Coconut Rice

Note:  I'm writing this 15 minutes after falling.  Hard.  The steps out our bedroom door to the patio are wood.  And they're wet from non-stop rain.  And I slipped.  And my left ankle and knee broke my fall.  They are now busted up, bloody, and throbbing in pain.  So I am taking deep breaths to keep from cussing.  The good news is, the wine glass in my right hand was saved.  Hallelujah!

As you might imagine, I'm a tiny bit obsessed with looking at food pictures.  I love looking through magazines and newspapers and ripping out recipes.  Now that Pinterest is in my life, I don't have to wait for the next month's issue to come to my mailbox to feed my obsession.  It's right here.  In my lap.  And there are thousands of pictures of food.  Can you sense the drooling that's happening?

The other day, I came across a picture of chicken.  I followed the links to the original post, got the recipe, and that's what we ate tonite.  The blog is called The Girl Who Ate Everything.  After pinning the chicken recipe, I poked around.  It's good.  Really good.  I found something called Bloomin' Onion Bread that I've literally had dreams about.  It will be mine.  And soon.

This morning, I followed the marinade recipe exactly, with the exception of having a yellow onion instead of white.






The Dad grilled up half of the chicken.  The other half is going into a freezer bag with some of the marinade and I'll use it for an "I'm too lazy to do dinner" night.

I made the Coconut Rice as the recipe suggested.



 I did steamed broccoli and cauliflower, drizzled with sesame oil to go with.


Click on the link, print the recipe, and this too shall be yours.



Update:  The blood has now started to dry.  The sweat pants I've been wearing for two days are now stuck to the bloody, semi-dry wound.  That's gonna hurt.

2nd Update:  The batch I threw in the freezer went on the grill on a what-am-I-gonna-make-for-dinner night and it was even better than the first batch.  This is a really good recipe.


Please see my sidebar for the parties I link up to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover