Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cod with Chickpea Ragu

It was new recipe night.  You'll find that's a popular topic at my house.  I'm obsessed with ripping recipes out of magazines and newspapers.  In addition to my stockpile of cookbooks and online stash, I have an accordion file, sorted by type of food, that holds enough new recipes to last me twelve lifetimes.  Last summer I attempted to set a goal for myself of making fish once a week.  I didn't grow up eating anything that swims and it's hard for me to get on board.  But I don't want to pass that disorder down to my own children, so I'm making an effort.  They both can tear up a crab like nobody's business and they'll just as easily suck down mussels or, The Dad's favorite, oysters on the grill.  Fish, on the other hand, is a little tougher.  I have one salmon recipe that is delicious and beautiful to look at, but they hate it.  Tonight's attempt didn't go over very well either.  I, on the other hand, actually liked it, and I'm a tough sell.  My husband ate two platefuls, so it must not have been too bad.  Definitely on the "keep" list and will be entered into the Binder.  More on that later.  So here's the in progress pic....








The cod was nestled down in the garbanzo beans and tomatoes, then I covered it and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.  Sprinkle on some parsley and it's time to eat.








Quick, easy and surprisingly really good.  Even if The Kid and The Girl didn't agree.  They both ate all their beans though.  And an entire bowl of green salad.  Not bad for a three and five year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments. So don't be shy, just say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover